UNIX Socket FAQ

A forum for questions and answers about network programming on Linux and all other Unix-like systems

You are not logged in.

• Index
  • » C
  • » compiling for AIX Unix

#1 2007-07-26 07:26 PM

speedbwild

Re: compiling for AIX Unix

I am new to this forum and to AIX.  So, I hope this post is in the appropriate location.

I have compiled an application on AIX that is written in C and it compiles fine.  When the customer tries to run it at their site they get errors like,
  0509-136   Symbol __libc_sbrk (number 50) is not exported from
                   dependent module /unix.

When I check the dynamic dependencies using ldd it says it needs: /unix.
I found the symbolic link file(?), may not be correct terminology, on the system but it still doesn't work.  Here is the syntax that I am using.
gcc ps.c -maix64 -static /usr/lib/libc.a -static /usr/lib/root/unix_64/unix -o ps

Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Thanks,

#2 2007-07-26 07:33 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

So you want to link the binary statically instead of dynamic, and ldd reports that it's still linked to dynamic libs? That's strange.

We don't have much experience with AIX here, or so it seems (if anyone has, speak up ;-). So you'll probably have more lukc by contacting AIX or gcc support or something.

I think it's better to compile a dynamic version against the libs your customer has.

#3 2007-07-26 07:37 PM

speedbwild

Thanks, I will do that.  I am sure I will be back to this site again. I see a lot of useful information.

• Index
  • » C
  • » compiling for AIX Unix

Board footer