UNIX Socket FAQ

A forum for questions and answers about network programming on Linux and all other Unix-like systems

You are not logged in.

• Index
  • » C++
  • » Any Clues?.."code omitted because of length "

#1 2007-03-13 05:55 PM

newbie07

Re: Any Clues?.."code omitted because of length "

Hello All,

I have added some new files in my original ns-allinone2.26 and have made a sucessful compilation process.

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/my/sproject/ns-allinone-2.26/ns-2.26/indep-utils/webtrace-conv/ucb'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'all'
make[1]: Leaving directory 'home/my/sproject/ns-allinone-2.26/ns-2.26/indep-utils/webtrace-conv/ucb'

However, when I try to type 'ns' (of course without the quote), or run any example scripts in the /tcl/ex, it returned the result as follows:

[email protected]:~/sproject/ns-allinone-2.26/ns-2.26$ns
ns:
[code omitted because of length]
:invalid command name "Node/MobileNode/MhSatNode"
  while executing
"Node/MobileNode/MhSatNode instproc init args {

$self instvar id_ agents_ dmux_ address_ address1_ nodetype_

if {[llength $args] == 2} {
set address..."

Does anybody know why? and how to solve it? Thanks in advance..

#2 2007-03-13 06:04 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

This looks like a ns-allinone error/bug, and doesn't seem to have anything to do with compile errors whatsoever. And TCL isn't C++ either.

So all in all it's best to post this as a bugreport to the ns-allinone developers.

#3 2007-03-13 06:08 PM

newbie07

Hi i3839,

Oh really?..but as far as I know, ns2.26 does not have any bugs..So that's mean this is the new bugs?.

Thanks for your reply..

#4 2007-03-13 07:11 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

If it's perfect it could still be non-working because some other piece of software it uses was changed in a non-compatible way causing ns to fail. Or maybe it expects certain things that aren't true on your system, like where certain software is located.

Maybe you must run "make install" first, and then it works? That's my best guess for now, as the invalid command might mean it can't find the file containing it.

But anyway, it looks like a ns-allinone2.26 specific problem, so contact them, they'll know best and will probably appreciate user feedback too. In any case it isn't a C++ error.

#5 2008-09-27 02:56 AM

yuqingeng2005

• Index
  • » C++
  • » Any Clues?.."code omitted because of length "

Board footer