UNIX Socket FAQ

A forum for questions and answers about network programming on Linux and all other Unix-like systems

You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-17 03:12 PM

Anonymous

Re: just thanking.

#2 2003-09-17 08:31 PM

RobSeace
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the compliments...  I agree completely, of course... ;-)
The Socket FAQ used to help me way back when it was just
a regular Usenet posting...  (Anyone else remember that far
back?? ;-))  When I stumbled across the old web page version
of it, I felt compelled to help answer questions there to repay all
the help the original FAQ had given me over the years...  And,
somehow, I got drafted by Vic (along with Michael and Loco) into
helping run this current incarnation... ;-)

#3 2003-09-18 06:15 PM

HectorLasso
Administrator

Thank you for your kind compliments to the forum. What you have written here really makes people want to collaborate.

I am sorry for not having enough time since last year and not being able to contribute with some answers... but sooner or later I will have some time and will do it! I hope it's sooner than later as I am getting rusty in these issues and getting more and more involved in the business' issues!!!

Once again, thank you. And what really drives me to post answers here is to know that I could help you as some people have helped me in the past (and are still doing)...

Regards

#4 2003-09-21 10:46 AM

Uzume
Administrator

#5 2003-10-10 11:45 AM

vikasgp

I've always wondered: How the hell do you people(Rob Seace, Loco, mlampkin, ...) find time to post such well written, substantial posts before anyone in the universe has even had the chance to look at it ?

Seriously, this is really one of the few forums that hasn't degenerated into off-topic ranting and flame wars.

Keep it up !

#6 2003-11-01 01:27 PM

vic
Administrator
Website

Yes, thanks guys for not only keeping this thing running, but doing such a great job of it!

I not only remember the old USENET faq, I remember posting it from the UUCP feed I got from the Toronto Linux Users Group!  Man, does UUCP ever take me back.

I only stopped posting the FAQ to USENET when I upgraded the UUCP to a proper Internet connection (dedicated ISDN!) from UUNET.  They had this thing that was supposed to prevent spam by not allowing the same user to post the same stuff repeatedly, and it screened out the FAQ.  I think it was called "Spam Hippo" or something.

#7 2003-11-06 08:05 PM

HectorLasso
Administrator

Can we get something like that spam-killer (HIPPO or whatever) for this site? I have a couple of users in mind... ;)

Board footer