UNIX Socket FAQ

A forum for questions and answers about network programming on Linux and all other Unix-like systems

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-01 08:40 PM

bemson

Re: PHP socket threads

Could you add PHP to the languages category? My problem may not be PHP specific (I'm a newb), but a separate category would attract counsel from php experts.

Socket programming has becoming a hot topic with the PHP community, and you're the only place online talking about it!

- thx

bemson

#2 2006-08-02 09:47 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

I believe we had a PHP section once, but at that time we had way too many inactive sections, so I removed it in a big cleanup.

If you have PHP related networking questions just ask them in the networking forum, or in the general forum if it isn't networking related and all will be fine.

The specific language sections are for questions specific for those languages and in general not networking related, and as we aren't PHP experts we couldn't answer those questions. If some PHP programmer steps up, willing to answer those questions, then sure, why not. But for now there's no need, nor seems there to be much demand for it.

(The Java section is close to extinction too, but it's there to see if there's demand for other languages, sort of...)

#3 2006-08-25 04:17 PM

the_undertaker

Yes  can you also add a Python Thread??? It will be nice but its all up to the admins. I registered for this site becuase I like UNIX lol and i need some Python help.

Where can i get python help on the site?

thanks guys

Any Time.
Any Where.
Any Task.
Nothing but Excellence.

-U.S Navy

#4 2006-08-26 12:54 AM

i3839
Oddministrator

I'm afraid my answer is exactly the same as above, just replace "PHP" with "Python".

If you have network related questions, in whatever language, ask them in the networking forum. Similar for other topics. For Python (the language) specific question you can try the general forum, but don't be surprised if we don't know the answer either.

(And before other people chime in: Yes, this is also true for Ruby, Haskell, Lisp, Verilog, etc. etc.)

There isn't that much traffic on this site, so there isn't really a great need for many specific forums. If you've a question and don't know where to post it, just do it in the general forum. People can search for e.g. "Python" if they want to get all Python posts (9 hits ;-).

Board footer