You are not logged in.
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Location: New York City - Relocation assistance provided
Salary: $150,000 - $250,000 per year + benefits
Entrepreneurial. Challenging. Exciting. Fun. Innovative. Edgy. Distinctive. Sound like an interesting job?
Our company was born out of a passion for bringing information to consumers. We began with the mission of providing a smarter directory assistance solution to telecom companies, so they could pass on a better and lower priced service to consumers. As a natural extension of our mission, we built our own market leading information brands in Europe and extended our services into text messaging as well. We have recently embarked on a new brand identity which reflects our desire to extend our brand presence to the US and merge our multiple information services under one umbrella. What will never change is our commitment to persistent innovation so we can always provide our customers with the best information experience possible.
With our renewed identity, we setup a high priority intrapraneurship effort, a web start-up nestled within a larger organization, to launch our brand into the web and mobile space. This offers us the best of both worlds: the stability and resources of our parent, with the culture and agility of a startup.
We aren't looking to create some fad products, but rather major newsworthy and landscape changing products, backed by an extensive marketing budget. We are an eclectic group of intelligent, interesting, and fun entrepreneurs with a passion for groundbreaking ideas. The project is still in its early stages, so all hires have an immediate opportunity to have a major impact and enjoy rapid career development.
We operate out of our own Flatiron area loft-space, with an evolving fun and energetic culture, and a growing list of amenities. We hope that all hires will take an active role in helping us define the culture of our company.
As a Senior Developer, you will be a foundational member of the core technology effort, working intimately with the CTO and other senior developers. Gradually, as the team grows, there will be opportunities to lead and manage a team of developers, if desired. Right now, we really need some hard-core builders. If you're looking to change the landscape of the internet with your own two hands, this is a great opportunity for you.
* Develop, design and maintain web services to support all aspects of a highly data-driven product
* Create and implement algorithms to handle distributed server-side data processing
* Create solutions to parse and extract useful information from web-scale structured and semi-structured sources of data
* Work as a key member of a small, passionate, highly-skilled team
* Utilize agile methodology, but work independently as needed
* Work comfortably in a face-paced start-up environment
* Work comfortably on multiple projects simultaneously
* Text and data mining
* Distributed data processing
* Technologies we use and love (you should too):
o Python, Ruby
o Systems written in Java, C++
o RESTful services
o Perl (only in emergencies)
* Familiarity with web standards
* Firm understanding of core web technologies (http especially)
* Ability to properly document code and processes
To be considered, please submit your resume to bg @ capitalmarketsp.com
Capital Markets Placement
bg @ capitalmarketsp.com