UNIX Socket FAQ

A forum for questions and answers about network programming on Linux and all other Unix-like systems

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-12 04:38 PM

biologz
Administrator

Re: A girl!!!

OMFG, there's a girl on the forum...everybody don't move, keep calm and smile please, we have a giiiiirl on the forum :D

OOOOOOHHHH MY GOD, she codes in C...and she uses RAW SOCKETS!!! can you believe this? i'm in love.

PS: Sorry for the post i was getting bored at work...

gethostbyintuition() is still a dream of mine

-- quoted from bash

#2 2007-09-12 04:51 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

Err, yes, it seems so. Instead of wasting your time on this post you could've have posted a reply to the question that was asked instead. (I've no experience with raw sockets, so I'm hoping someone else can answer the question.)

#3 2007-09-12 04:53 PM

biologz
Administrator

Well i don't know for this specific subject that's the problem...but i'll try to post the beginning of an answer....

EDIT: hehe i answered, but now it's gonna be complicated you know she's gonna fall in love with me and i don't know if i'll be able to handle the distance you know...

PS: Ok i stop now, just needed to relaaaaaaaax and now it's done :-)

PPS: Do i have to say again that i LOVE This channel?

-- quoted from bash

#4 2007-09-12 05:22 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

Not trying to crush you or anything, but did you check out "her" website yet? ;-)

#5 2007-09-12 07:28 PM

RobSeace
Administrator
Website

*laugh*

And, you tried to gain points by stealing one of MY old answers too, you bastard! ;-)

Besides, I'm sure there must be at least ONE actual woman among our members
somewhere...  With the usually cryptic login IDs, it's almost impossible to tell for
most people...  Not everyone is as uncreative as me with their IDs... ;-)

#6 2007-09-12 10:37 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

I don't know if hitting the keyboard randomly counts as creative, that's what gave the "3839". The 'i' was added to make it IRC acceptable. Perhaps I'll change it to my real name one day, but "i3839" is nicely unpersonal, so I can say nasty things without people knowing who to hate. ;-)

#7 2007-09-13 09:33 AM

biologz
Administrator

Lol, i'm so disappointed....

Well talking about nicknames, i think mine is original :-) at least i hope so, my previous nickname was osiris which is more common.

i3839 i think we had this conversation in the past, and you almost admitted thath you were a man, aren't you?

Lol i couldn't stand it if you were a girl :-)

-- quoted from bash

#8 2007-09-13 02:12 PM

RobSeace
Administrator
Website

I always figured you were just dreaming up a far-future Intel chip, i3839... ;-)  (I
sometimes subconsiously type in i386 when typing your name... ;-))

On most public forum-type sites, I usually first try to register as Agrajag (Hitchhiker's
Guide to the Galaxy reference, for the unwashed heathens among you who don't
get the reference ;-)), but if that's already taken (and, it usually is, about 90% of the
time), I usually just go the lazy route, and go with RobSeace...  (The ironic thing is
that I originally chose my standard handle of Agrajag, because the first BBS I tried
to register on ages ago rejected my first even more obvious handle choices of
FordPrefect, ArthurDent, and Zaphod, so I had to dig deeper into the Guide for a
more obscure character...  And, now with the scope of the Internet, even that's not
obscure enough to prevent it being taken most places... ;-))  I don't think I ever even
tried to snag Agrajag here (or the predecessor sites), though...  I think, at the original
web site, where it wasn't really a forum, but just a disorganized bunch of comments
posted by random people (there wasn't even any registering, was there??) and
tacked onto the end of the old FAQ proper, it seemed most people were going by
real names or abbreviations thereof, so I think I figured I should as well, and then
just stuck with it when we moved to the forums, since that's how I was known by then...

#9 2007-09-13 05:51 PM

i3839
Oddministrator

If I at the time knew people would make the i386 association I'd never have chosen the name. But I didn't think of it, so ignorant as I am, just used it. I liked the pattern of '3839' and the fact that by hitting the keyboard once I got two threes.

Board footer