You are not logged in.
Major financial institution is seeking a Storage & Backup Engineering Manager to drive strategy, manage vendors, engage clients and partner with internal technology teams to address the firm's data management needs.
- Product Evaluations & Implementation
- Work with team to find solutions to business problems.
- Understand vendor product strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop implementation plans with Global Services team.
- Analyze the risks, benefits, controls and ROI of new systems and processes.
- Design solutions that optimize infrastructure usage.
- Vendor Management
- Ensure that the needs of our clients are being addressed in future versions of products.
- Work with our existing vendors to ensure that critical bugs are addressed.
- Benchmark and negotiate pricing and support services with our major vendors.
- Develop and execute on a forward looking storage & backup strategy.
- Client Engagement (Internal/External)
- Track record in designing, implementing and managing large-scale storage & backup operations.
- Experience leading global engineering teams. Regularly working with senior executives at major storage/backup vendors.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences. Regular dialogue with startup companies, internal research analysts and bankers to represent IT views on storage & backup.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Past experience supporting Enterprise level operational environments (centralized monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, escalation, etc.)
- Must be familiar with project management tools and applications (Microsoft Project, Microsoft Sharepoint, etc.)
- Understanding of the financial services business is highly desirable.
- Disk Platforms: EMC, Network Appliance, Hitachi, 3Par
- Backup Software: Legato Networker and TSM
- OS: Solaris, Linux, AIX, Microsoft Windows
- Hardware: SUN Servers, IBM Tape Libraries, Tape Drive Technologies, Cisco Switches.
SALARY: OPEN, Annual
Pencom Systems Incorporated
40 Fulton St
New York, NY 10038
Visit http://www.wallstreettechjobs.com for complete listing
of software and systems engineering jobs offered by major financial
institutions in NYC's Wall Street area.
Pencom Systems Incorporated has over 30 years of experience
recruiting the most talented high-technology professionals for
the best companies in the world. We have worked with a
distinguished client base ranging from Fortune 500 corporations
to the hottest high-technology companies. With headquarters in
New York, Pencom also has offices in all major North American
technology corridors. For more information, please visit our